Re: [squid-users] Content Encoding Error

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 16:18:53 +1200

On 10/05/2013 2:24 a.m., CACook_at_quantum-sci.com wrote:
> OK I guess I have to ditch Squid. I can't live with this.

Well, if you cant or dont want to supply the information needed to help
there is very little help possible.

> On Tuesday, May 07, 2013 09:47:29 PM CACook wrote:
>> On Tuesday, May 07, 2013 07:04:54 PM Amos Jeffries wrote:
>>> What Squid version were you upgrading from?
>> I didn't notice what version it was before.
>>
>>> What user-agent / browser software are you using?
>> Tor Browser, which is Firefox long-term release. I switch between Squid and Tor with the addon Proxy Switcher.
>>
>>> What does your squid.conf contain?
>> http://pastebin.com/ke5WQkdj

This is the squid.conf documentation with some lines uncommented.
Notably the _incomplete example_ of how to do anonymous proxy
configuration for HTTP/1.0 traffic. Few of the HTTP/1.1 headers are
handled there.

The error you report is usually seen when Accept*, Content-Encoding or
Tansfer-Encoding are screwed with. The logs you wont supply would have
shown which was the problem.

Amos