[squid-users] WCCP and Cisco Cache engine

From: csn233 <csn233_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 22:58:15 +0800

WCCP has been mentioned quite a bit, and as I understand it, it is a
Cisco thing which can work with any WCCP compliant software eg Squid,
or a dedicated appliance like Cisco Cache Engine.

Since people are asking about WCCP in a Squid forum, I assume they are
using Squid. Does that mean the Cisco appliance is not as good as
Squid? In particular, my question is how well does the appliance
handle Youtube, or dynamic URL caching, in general? Anyone like to
comment?