Re: [squid-users] why some ssl sites dont open on squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 23:36:17 +1200

On 15/05/2013 4:30 p.m., neeraj kharbanda wrote:
> thanks for reply. What are the work arounds if there are any.
> regards

If the "problem" is sites actually using SSL properly. Then no there are
no workarounds. SSL was designed to prevent eavesdropping - it does so
very well when used properly and Squid cannot change or workaround that.

If the problem is alternative protocols in use, then check your using an
up to date Squid release. We have them tunnelling intercepted non-HTTPS
traffic when possible now. The problem is mostly to do with client
handling of the errors though - if thats broken "tough luck".

Amos