[squid-users] Kerberos and NTLM authentication

From: Delton <delton_at_bnpapel.com.br>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 13:04:05 -0300

Dear Sirs,

I configured Squid 3.3.3 with Kerberos and NTLM authentication successfully.
When I enable only Kerberos authentication, domain computers browse
normally and there is no password required.
When I enable only NTLM authentication, domain computers also browse
normally and there is no password required.
The problems start when you need to allow access to devices that are not
part of the domain:

1 - If I enable Kerberos authentication and the device is not part of
the domain is prompted for the password. Even informing the password
access is not granted;
2 - If I enable NTLM authentication with "helper-protocol =
squid-2.5-ntlmssp" and the device is not part of the domain is prompted
for the password. Even informing the password access is not granted;
3 - If I enable NTLM authentication with "helper-protocol =
squid-2.5-basic" and the device is not part of the domain is prompted
for the password. Informing the password access is granted. In this case
the password is also requested to domain users.

I read in http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Authentication that the
Squid can use different authentication mechanisms simultaneously.
I hoped that when Kerberos authentication failed NTLM authentication work.
Am I doing something wrong?