Re: [squid-users] Re: Squid 3.3 Intercept Proxy -- Traffic routing to Squid Box..Now what? :)

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 02:42:34 +1200

On 17/05/2013 2:33 a.m., jimmah6786 wrote:
> Yes these rules are i the -t nat table. So is it suppose to be a DNAT on the
> Squid box?? Which will NAT to itself? I thought REDIRECT will only translate
> the port and not touch the IP information??

REDIRECT is a special sub-type of DNAT which allows you to set only the
port, and sets the IP to the machines "primary IP" whatever that is at
the time is. Quite useful for NATing inbound traffic on DHCP assigned
boxes to local processes like Squid.

> Still stuck with Policy Based Routing working correctly to the squid box,
> but Squid not intercepting it.

Sounds a bit like RP filter or SELinux features of the Squid box getting
in the way.

Amos