[squid-users] cache-control: no-transform - does it affect caching of pages & content?

From: Adrian Miller <adrian.m.miller_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 22:07:53 +1000

Recently i added cache-control: no-transform to Firefox's ModifyHeader
addon, expressly to stop vodafone adding its 1.2.3.4/bms.js (to reduce
image quality/bandwidth) to EVERY page it serves me.

Other suggestions on the vodafone js insertion was to use cache-control:
no-cache and/or pragma: no-cache

I chose to try no-transform in just cache-control as i thought it was
potentially less drama

After doing so im looking at my ratios and think that they may be lower
than before i added this directive via the addon.

Any gurus out there have an opinion on whether this affects caching or
not, to my understanding it shouldn't affect things, but just wanting
some clarification.

Thanks in advance,

Adrian Miller