[squid-users] using squid from home and office

From: juhan <vinsalvatore_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 18:52:44 -0700 (PDT)

I have squid installed in office at dedicated box but i want to filter
traffic outgoing from home too. Squid is in intercept mode and works for
connections from office. And from the home router i redirected all port 80
traffic to squid IP address. But as the destination of packets are squid
machine squid directs requests to his own IP address. So if one tries to
connect with browser from home he gets connection refused error (logically)
since the web page does not reside on local squid server. My question is if
it is possible to let squid re-resolve to the right address of the page ? Or
maybe run another service which modifies IP packet destination based on DNS
queries before squid processes the traffic. (I dont have VPN)