[squid-users] Re: Squid: how to link inbound IPv4 + multiple port connections to unique outbound IPv6's

From: bilderberger <marketquant_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 02:38:18 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you for the update advice everyone, and for the squid.repo suggestion,
that worked very nicely to update squid using yum.

I'm now using the latest version (3.3.5) however it seems a few of the lines
in the rest of my squid.conf are obsolete - so although squid starts with
the current squid.conf it no longer seems to permit connections.

I've tried commenting out the obsolete lines (noted below) - here is my full
squid.conf any observations, please?

logfile_rotate 5

## this line is obsolete in 3.3.5
##emulate_httpd_log yes

server_persistent_connections off
forwarded_for off

## declare an acl that is true for all ipv6 destinations
acl to_ipv6 dst ipv6

## deny ipv4 access
http_access deny !to_ipv6

##tell Squid to listen on sequential ports and to designate a name for each
inbound connection.
http_port 109.xxx.xxx101:3128 name=3128
http_port 109.xxx.xxx101:3129 name=3129
http_port 109.xxx.xxx101:3130 name=3130
http_port 109.xxx.xxx101:3131 name=3131
http_port 109.xxx.xxx101:3132 name=3132

## proxy server client access - this is YOUR originating IP, repeat the line
for multiple IPs
acl mynetworks src xxx.my.ip.here
http_access deny !mynetworks

## designate acl based on inbound connection name
acl user1 myportname 3128
acl user2 myportname 3129
acl user3 myportname 3130
acl user4 myportname 3131
acl user5 myportname 3132

## define outgoing IPv6 per user
tcp_outgoing_address [2001:::::::ipv61] user1
tcp_outgoing_address [2001:::::::ipv62] user2
tcp_outgoing_address [2001:::::::ipv63] user3
tcp_outgoing_address [2001:::::::ipv64] user4
tcp_outgoing_address [2001:::::::ipv65] user5

## disable caching
cache deny all

## this line is obsolete in 3.3.5
##acl manager proto cache_object

request_header_access Allow allow all
request_header_access Authorization allow all
request_header_access WWW-Authenticate allow all
request_header_access Proxy-Authorization allow all
request_header_access Proxy-Authenticate allow all
request_header_access Cache-Control allow all
request_header_access Content-Encoding allow all
request_header_access Content-Length allow all
request_header_access Content-Type allow all
request_header_access Date allow all
request_header_access Expires allow all
request_header_access Host allow all
request_header_access If-Modified-Since allow all
request_header_access Last-Modified allow all
request_header_access Location allow all
request_header_access Pragma allow all
request_header_access Accept allow all
request_header_access Accept-Charset allow all
request_header_access Accept-Encoding allow all
request_header_access Accept-Language allow all
request_header_access Content-Language allow all
request_header_access Mime-Version allow all
request_header_access Retry-After allow all
request_header_access Title allow all
request_header_access Connection allow all
request_header_access Proxy-Connection allow all
request_header_access User-Agent allow all
request_header_access Cookie allow all
request_header_access All deny all