Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.3.5 not writing session.db, only on reconfigure/shutdown

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 22:11:15 +1200

To be technically accurate Squid has nothing to do with session.db. It
is an internal part of the ext_session_acl program. Squid just happens
to be running that.

As such you should be able to further debug this by running that program
manually and figuring out why it is only writing its database file when
it exits. Squid shutdown, reconfigure, or rotate all require closing the
running helpers.
The helpers -d option or running it under a debugger may help.

Amos