[squid-users] ERR Missing username using basic ldap auth

From: Nathanael Chambers <nathanael__at_live.com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 11:40:17 +1030

Hi, When using the basic_ldap_auth helper (compiled with squid 3.3) I get the an error saying "ERR Missing username". This is the command I am using: /usr/lib/squid/basic_ldap_auth -R -h IPADDRESS -b dc=DOMAIN,dc=com -D cn=Administrator,cn=Users,dc=domain,dc=com -w PASSWOR -f (&(objectclass=person)(cn=%s))  No difference when using either -f sAMAccountName=%s or -f (&(objectclass=person)(cn=%s)), which I have seen in different examples. I've also tried using the squid_ldap_auth helper (compiled with squid 3.1) with the same values and receive the error "ERR". However, using ldapsearch works fine. Command for ldapsearch: ldapsearch -LLL -x -h IPADDRESS -b DC=DOMAIN,DC=com -D CN=Administrator,CN=Users,DC=DOMAIN,DC=com -w PASSWORD Trying to connect to Server 2003 functional level Active Directory. Looking at the servers logs, it doesn't seem that any attempts are made to contact the server. Thanks,