Re: [squid-users] Rewriting URL after the ACL check

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 00:06:30 +1200

On 27/05/2013 11:10 p.m., Juha Mustonen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to rewrite the URL *after* the ACL checks? I'm putting
> an extra argument into URL (for ACL) - but they aren't needed after
> the proxy. So I'm trying to use rewrite for stripping the argument -
> but it seems the ACL checks are done after done after the rewrites,
> despite the order.

Squid does check the http_access controls before the url_rewrite_program
is used. If you are finding otherwise, please produce the output of
"squid -v" and some details of what you are seeing.

BTW: this is an *extremely* nasty abuse of HTTP. Please reconsider using
an HTTP header to pass this information.

Amos