Re: [squid-users] Squid and Hangout (google) problem

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 17:59:03 +1200

On 28/05/2013 2:38 a.m., Carlo Filippetto wrote:
> I have a squid server with NTLM_auth. Now we want to use the
> google-hangout to made video conference, but squid stops the video
> session with a 407 (TCP_DENIED).
>
> Someone can help me to solve this problem?

"407 Proxy Authentication Requried" gets sent to the client when no auth
credentials are delivered by it to the proxy. NTLM is a nasty protocol
which requires several request-reply sequences involving 407 status code
and various tokens to be sent to-and-fro. This may be what you are
spotting in the logs.

This might also help ...
http://answers.awesomium.com/questions/1343/using-ntlm-to-authenticate.html

Amos