Re: [squid-users] squid and webdav caching

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 21:43:25 +1200

On 6/06/2013 4:02 a.m., Alex Domoradov wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 6:55 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
>> On 6/06/2013 3:51 a.m., Alex Domoradov wrote:
>>> Hello, is there possibility to cache webdav (subversion) at all? As I
>>> found in google there was experimental option extension_methods. But I
>>> don't see such option in 3.1, 3.2, 3.3. Any advise?
>>
>> extension_methods was never about caching. It would simply permit the
>> unknown HTTP methods through.
> yes, it more correctly. I mean that without this options it doesn't work at all.
>
>> Squid-3.x do that without any configuration these days.
>> If you can point us at any RFC standard that defines cacheability for WebDAV
>> methods which Squid-3 is not caching properly, please do.
>> Amos
> So, I could simply set ip of squid in subversion client (tortoise svn
> for example) and it would be cache all objects by default? There is no
> need in any specific settings in squid.conf?

Depends on what HTTP methods SVN is using for the transfers. If it is
using GET or some other known cacheable method for the retrieval it
should be cached. What I know if the internals of these tools however is
that the majority of transactions they do are very unique (patches and
diffs between arbitrary files etc), so caching just adds corruption into
the repository data.

Amos