[squid-users] Basic authentication and auth_param basic credentialsttl

From: <egobrc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 17:32:26 +0200

Hi everybody,
I have configured Squid (v. 3.1.19) to authenticate against a Samba
(v. 3.6.3) domain, using smb_auth auth param basic program. Thanks to
http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org/msg638539.html
I edited smb_auth.sh and now the authentication works smoothly, but
now I have a doubt about how auth_param basic credentialsttl directive
works.
I set it to 8 hours, but each time an user closes the browser and
re-opens it, the login popup appears; I have also tried
authenticate_ttl directive, but the result is the same. Is it a
work-as-intended? Credentials are cached until the browser is opened?
Thank you in advance.