[squid-users] FATAL: Too many queued ntlmauthenticator requests

From: Jason Gauthier <jgauthier_at_lastar.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 21:33:40 +0000

Greetings,

I have been fighting an issue with squid terminating unexpectedly with this= error message.
(FATAL: Too many queued ntlmauthenticator requests)

I went back through my logs, and it started on 03/13, out of nowhere.
I am running squid 3.1.20, with Dansguardian, as a filter, in front of it.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what changed, since almost 3 months have gone b= y, but I did not change the squid version at that time.
My ntlm children was set to 50. I increased it to 100, and my two proxy se= rvers are still failing. I have about 250 users across two proxies.
At another site, this started happening in May. That site was also set to 5= 0, and has about 75 users.
The versions of squid are the same.

I am open to suggestions. This has happened 123 times this month so far, a= nd 252 times last month on just one of the servers.

Thanks,

Jason