Re: [squid-users] Re: StoreID and concurrency?

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 11:28:20 +0300

On 6/9/2013 9:08 AM, babajaga wrote:
> Amos,
>> Once subtle and noteworthy difference between Squid-2 and Squid-3 which is
> highlighted by this feature is that refresh_pattern applies its regex
> argument against the Store ID key and not the transaction URL. So using the
> Store-ID feature to alter the value affects which refresh_pattern directive
> will be matched.<
>
> a suggestion from a potential user (after my switch from 2.7 :-):
> It might be a good idea to put some comment regarding this "feature" into
> squid.conf. Preferably add something like this to the comments at
> "refresh_pattern":
> "Note, that refresh_pattern applies its regex argument against the Store ID
> key and not the transaction URL, which means, in case of using a
> StoreID-helper modifying the StoreID, refresh_pattern is matched against
> this modified one."
>

> --

We have these in the StoreID part of the docs since there is no chance
of doing a refresh_pattern on StoreID without understanding the concept.
If and only if you understand the meaning of StoreID you could cache
objects efficiently.

To see the changes in the code alone could not provide the whole picture
I had when thinking about the feature.

For testing purposes you test a real world scenario.
I know of couple methods of testing it but still From my point of view
the best way is to test it in the level of headers + wget.
browser may convince you that you are not caching enough so just ignore
these browsers and use:
wget
curl
scripts
http://www1.ngtech.co.il/redbot/webui.py?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww1.ngtech.co.il%2F
http://redbot.org/?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww1.ngtech.co.il%2F

The above are a set of tools which provides you a lot.
also notice the debug_options ALL,2 will help a lot also.

I just saw a small probably bug that you need to state the maximum
object size of cache_dir object per cache_dir so try these on the way??

Elieze