Re: [squid-users] squid 3.3.5 http and https transparent proxy

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 19:17:54 +1200

On 10/06/2013 6:58 p.m., MyName IsLive wrote:
> Hi,
> i have this warning when starting ./squid,
> # ./squid
> 2013/06/10 08:52:08| SECURITY NOTICE: auto-converting deprecated "ssl_bump allow <acl>" to "ssl_bump client-first <acl>" which is usually inferior to the newer server-first bumping mode. Update your ssl_bump rules.

Please follow Squids advice "Update your ssl_bump rules". There have
been significant changes to its configuration in 3.3.
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/ssl_bump/

> squid.conf:
> # cat squid.conf
> #
> # Recommended minimum configuration:
> #
> # Example rule allowing access from your local networks.
> # Adapt to list your (internal) IP networks from where browsing
> # should be allowed

Please read the above configuration instructions then follow them.

> acl localnet src 10.0.0.0/8 # RFC1918 possible internal network
> acl localnet src 172.16.0.0/12 # RFC1918 possible internal network
> acl localnet src 192.168.0.0/16 # RFC1918 possible internal network
> acl localnet src fc00::/7 # RFC 4193 local private network range
> acl localnet src fe80::/10 # RFC 4291 link-local (directly plugged) machines
> acl yournet src 192.168.4.0/24
> http_access allow yournet

Once you have configured "localnet" values properly the "yournet" ACL is
not necessary.

> acl SSL_ports port 443
> acl Safe_ports port 80 # http
> acl Safe_ports port 21 # ftp
> acl Safe_ports port 443 # https
> acl Safe_ports port 70 # gopher
> acl Safe_ports port 210 # wais
> acl Safe_ports port 1025-65535 # unregistered ports
> acl Safe_ports port 280 # http-mgmt
> acl Safe_ports port 488 # gss-http
> acl Safe_ports port 591 # filemaker
> acl Safe_ports port 777 # multiling http
> acl CONNECT method CONNECT
> #
> # Recommended minimum Access Permission configuration:
> #
> # Deny requests to certain unsafe ports
> http_access deny !Safe_ports
> # Deny CONNECT to other than secure SSL ports
> http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
> # Only allow cachemgr access from localhost
> http_access allow localhost manager
> http_access deny manager
> # We strongly recommend the following be uncommented to protect innocent
> # web applications running on the proxy server who think the only
> # one who can access services on "localhost" is a local user
> #http_access deny to_localhost
> #
> # INSERT YOUR OWN RULE(S) HERE TO ALLOW ACCESS FROM YOUR CLIENTS
> #
> # Example rule allowing access from your local networks.
> # Adapt localnet in the ACL section to list your (internal) IP networks
> # from where browsing should be allowed
> http_access allow localnet
> http_access allow localhost
> always_direct allow all
> ssl_bump allow all
> # the following two options are unsafe and not always necessary:
> sslproxy_cert_error allow all
> sslproxy_flags DONT_VERIFY_PEER
> # And finally deny all other access to this proxy
> http_access deny all
> # Squid normally listens to port 3128
> http_port 3128 intercept
> https_port 3127 intercept ssl-bump generate-host-certificates=on dynamic_cert_mem_cache_size=4MB cert=/usr/local/squid/ssl_cert/myCA.pem
> # Uncomment and adjust the following to add a disk cache directory.
> #cache_dir ufs /usr/local/squid/var/cache/squid 100 16 256
> # Leave coredumps in the first cache dir
> coredump_dir /usr/local/squid/var/cache/squid
> #
> # Add any of your own refresh_pattern entries above these.
> #
> refresh_pattern ^ftp: 1440 20% 10080
> refresh_pattern ^gopher: 1440 0% 1440
> refresh_pattern -i (/cgi-bin/|\?) 0 0% 0
> refresh_pattern . 0 20% 4320

> and my # iptables -L -n
> Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
> target prot opt source destination
> Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
> target prot opt source destination
> Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
> target prot opt source destination
> *
> I want this as a proxy to log all traffic JUST for log with VISITED URLs, If you know can propose any other config :)

Logging visited URLs s what Squid does in access.log. What do you mean
by those words if not that?

Amos