Re: [squid-users] Squid3.3.5 + Rock Store + wccp2_rebuild_wait

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 15:35:34 -0600

On 06/10/2013 10:44 AM, Philip Munaawa wrote:

> I have configured squid with a rock cache_dir & wccp. When I use
> wccp2_rebuild_wait on, squid does not send out 'HERE IAM' messages to
> the router.
>
> It appears squid is waiting for the cache_dirs to be rebuilt, however,
> this seems to go on and on. Perhaps a signal notifying squid that the
> rebuild is completed is not being propagated correctly to the
> wccp2HereIam function in wccp2.cc.

Does Squid tell you that the rebuild is over. For example, do you see:

> 2013/06/10 15:29:19.010| Finished rebuilding storage from disk.

in cache.log for each disker kid? If yes, this sounds like a bug to me.
Since Rock Store rebuild is done in disker processes, there is probably
no code to detect that the rebuild is over in the worker process(es)
that handle WCCP.

If you cannot fix this yourself, consider filing a bug report; perhaps
somebody will.

Meanwhile, if everything works OK with wccp2_rebuild_wait off, do not
use wccp2_rebuild_wait on.

On 06/10/2013 02:50 PM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> Then turn the rebuild wait to off and see the results for you.

Philip already did, and the Hello message is sent in that case. See the
end of his original email.

Cheers,

Alex.