Re: [squid-users] what are the Pros and cons filtering urls using squid.conf?

From: Jose-Marcio Martins <Jose-Marcio.Martins_at_mines-paristech.fr>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 14:09:51 +0200

On 06/11/2013 12:50 PM, Marcus Kool wrote:

> There is a big misunderstanding:
> in the old days when the only URL filter was squidguard, Squid had the be reloaded in order for
> squidguard to reloads its database.
> And when Squid reloads, *everything* pauses.
> _But things have changed since then_:
> - ICAP-based URL filters can reload a URL database without Squid reloading
> - ufdbGuard, which is a URL redirector just like squidGuard, can also reload a URL database without
> Squid reloading.
>
> The above implies that ICAP-based filters and ufdbGuard are a good alternatives for squidguard or
> filtering by ACLs.

> ufdbGuard loads the URL database in memory and is multithreaded.

OK. Ok if can handle 50000 queries per second.

So my question is... a more direct and precise question, just about ufdbGuard. While ufdbGuard
reloads its URL database, does it pauses answering queries ? If yes, how long does it takes ?

Best regards.

--
  Envoyé de ma machine à écrire.
   Spam : Classement statistique de messages électroniques -