Re: [squid-users] Peering caches (squid and 3rd parties) - How to

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 01:55:24 +0300

On 6/12/2013 1:30 AM, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On 06/11/2013 02:49 PM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
>
>> There is a small "bug" which when StoreID is being used the proxy asks
>> from the sibling only a StoreID url in the ICP requests.
>> If you do ask me I think that it should work this way
>
> No, it should not. StoreID effect should be local. If somebody wants a
> global effect, they should rewrite the request URL.
>
> Alex.

There was a small talk with Amos about it
I know about this issue and it's a bit complex to fix ICP and HTCP code
since we need to add the ICP into StoreID request.
it was never done even in old versions.

I am not sure if I filed a bug about it So later this week I will file a
detailed bug on each and one of the problems to make sure it will be fixed.

Eliezer