Re: [squid-users] Denying caching by response headers?possible?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 22:27:50 +1200

On 19/06/2013 8:33 p.m., Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> i took this from the acls docs:
> acl aclname rep_mime_type [-i] mime-type ...
> # regex match against the mime type of the reply received by
> # squid. Can be used to detect file download or some
> # types HTTP tunneling requests. [fast]
> # NOTE: This has no effect in http_access rules. It only has
> # effect in rules that affect the reply data stream such as
> # http_reply_access.
>

> and I was wondering if this is suppose to work:
>
> acl response_mime rep_mime_type "some mime type"
>
> cache deny dstdom_acl response_mime
> cache allow all
>
> I remeber that using a status code like 30x for the same task wouldn't
> work.

The "cache" access permissions is determining whether the storage
components of Squid take part in the transaction handling. The original
semantics of it was to determine whether Squid assumed a "no-cache"
header was present if none was actually sent by the client. In order to
control HIT's that has to be done before the response is known.

There is no reason why we can't have a different access control ("store
allow/deny ...") making things non-cacheable based on the response, just
as if the server had sent a no-store header. Patches welcome.

Amos