Re: [squid-users] Does squid support TLS ticket based SSL session reuse?

From: Ahmed Talha Khan <auny87_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 10:50:51 +0500

I must say that the answer has confused me more.

>> Does squid support SSL session reuse? If so then is it based on the
>> older ssl session_identifiers or the TLS ticket scheme?
>

> Maybe, and Unknown.

What do you mean when you say unknown? Do you mean that if the origin
server supports ssl session re-use using ticket, squid will only relay
that ticket to the client?Or it will supply a new ticket?

>> The next question is that if it does support the session reuse, how is
>> the session cache maintained by squid?
>

> Squid does not maintain SSL session cache. Squid simply relays details to
> and from OpenSSL. What happens in there is up to yoru OpenSSL lirary
> configuration.
>
> Squid ss_crtd and validator features maintains a cache of *certificates*
> which have been generated or seen in the current traffic.

My question was not related to certificates. I wanted to ask about ssl
sessions reuse.

>> Also will the session reuse functionality be available both between
>> client-squid and squid-orginserver.
>

> No. client-squid and squid-origin traffic is unrelated. HTTP/1.1 contains
> multiplexing which means any request may arrive in any client connection and
> go out any suitable server connection.

What I meant to ask was whether squid offers the ssl session re-use
capability on the client side?

--
Regards,
-Ahmed Talha Khan