Re: [squid-users] Does squid support TLS ticket based SSL session reuse?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 19:58:33 +1200

On 20/06/2013 6:11 p.m., Ahmed Talha Khan wrote:
> Ok lets assume that my library does support tickets. The end-server
> also does that. Now how will squid manage those tickets? Will it
> simply relay the ticket coming from the origin server side to the
> client and vice-versa?

Depends on whether we are talking about SSL through CONNECT tunnels, or
to an https_port. The CONNECT tunnel relays everything end-to-end from
cleint to server and back again. The https_port terminates the client
SSL at Squid - it is fully independent from the server connections.
Remember the server connection in Squid may not even be HTTPS ... Squid
supports Gopher, WAIS, FTP, HTTP, and HTTPS backends. And HTTP
multipexing means any two requests arriving from the client may use
different server connections and/or backend services.

Amos