Re: [squid-users] abandoning-messages in the cache.log

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 20:53:46 +1200

On 20/06/2013 5:26 p.m., Tom Tom wrote:
> Hi
>
> In the cache.log (squid 3.3.4), I sometimes get some "abandoning"-messages like:
> abandoning local=172.xx.xx.xx:3128 remote=10.xx.xx.xx:52548 FD 35 flags=1
>
> It seems, that this message only appers with https resp. CONNECT-Requests.
>
> What could be a reason for this "abandoning"-message? How can I prevent them?

We are still trying to figure out the exact causes of these. They can
occur from a few potential reasons. Something strange has gone on while
parsing a request. My own suspicion is that they are the result of
CONNECT request being parsed, processed and responded to (DENIED or an
auth challenge are usually the last thing seen on these connections)
within a single call to the parser.

These do not appear to be worth worrying much over but if you are
interested in contributing to a smoother running Squid some assistance
figuring out how your partiular ones are occuring is welcome.

Amos