Re: [squid-users] Re: 2 squid version on sigle box

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 12:17:31 +0300

On 06/20/2013 11:54 AM, babajaga wrote:
> Yes.
> Assuming, you have different store_dir, squid.conf etc.
> I have 8 squid2.7 running on one server.
>
> However, I copied the squid2.7 binary to 8 different binaries. Do not know,
> whether this really is necessary or not.
> I did not copy the helper binaries, like unlind etc.

Just run squid 3.3.5 with SMP support no need for 8 binaries.
also you can run 8 instances from the same binary using different conf file.
like:
squid -f /etc/squid/squid1.conf
squid -f /etc/squid/squid2.conf
etc..
but each and every one of them cannot bind the same IP:port for
http_port and other ports that squid is using.

Eliezer