[squid-users] Re: Just wondering about something.

From: babajaga <augustus_meyer_at_yahoo.de>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 05:43:02 -0700 (PDT)

>Squid is 100% one of the systems that tries and succeed on these
specific tasks. <
A bit too optimistic. I did a lot of assembler programming (incl. device
drivers for special HW) for RT-systems (16bit/32bit), using OS, which were
especially designed to handle RT-tasks using HW/SW-interrupts. I very doubt,
that ANY SW (not only squid) running on LINUX really can be called real-time
program. Because it should react during fractions of microseconds to
external events.