Re: [squid-users] Re: Squid3 and SSL again

From: David Mohl <dave_at_dave.cx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 23:56:23 +0900

Thanks for the answers guys,

Really should have looked in the cache.log first before posting here.
cache.log told me that there were errors while initialising SSL. After
a bit of googling around, I changed https_port to http_port and squid
binds everything correctly, as it seems that https_port is needed for
reverse proxying only, and ssl_bump works fine with http_port?

To use the ssl features, I upgraded my squid 3.0 (ubuntu package) to
3.2.11. using the package here -
http://www.mydlp.com/squid-3-2-ssl-packages/

Using the same config as before, I am now ending up in "forwarding
loops" when trying to access a page through the transparent
non-ssl-bump port (client is getting 403). The same (non-ssl) access
worked fine in the previous versions though.

Did something change during the ~3.2 version jump that affects this?

Cheers,
David