Re: [squid-users] Captive portal terminal server

From: Antony Stone <Antony.Stone_at_squid.open.source.it>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 19:56:43 +0200

On Thursday 27 Jun 2013 at 19:52:12, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> On 28/06/2013 5:47 a.m., Oliveiros Peixoto (Netinho) wrote:
> > Antony,
> >
> > Each person has a user terminal server and a user for the proxy. Each
> > user belongs to a group and each group has its rules.
>
> Then the users will always be logged in with their username and uniquely
> identifiable from that. Where is the problem?

Indeed :)

If you have usernames on the proxy (ie: you're not using single-sign-on /
pass-through authentication), then it seems to me that the source IP is in
fact irrelevant?

Antony.

--
In Heaven, the beer is Belgian, the chefs are Italian, the supermarkets are
British, the mechanics are German, the lovers are French, the entertainment is