Re: [squid-users] Compiling squid-3.3.5 with SSL on RedHat EL 6

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 19:35:06 +1200

On 29/06/2013 4:03 a.m., Peter H. Lemieux wrote:
> In May, Eliezer seemed to indicate that using CentOS 6.4 would be
> sufficient to build squid with the --enable-ssl-crtd extension without
> needing to patch the source code.
>
>> The above is known issue with RHEL 6.3 and CentOS 6.3. This issue
>> requires you to either install some custom openssl libs and headers
>> or upgrade to 6.4(which is much more reasonable to me) and use the
>> fixed openssl in 6.4.
>
> I installed a clean version of CentOS 6.4 in a VM, added the
> "Development Tools" packages and all the openssl packages including,
> of course, openssl-devel. I still get same errors Chris Ross reports
> below when trying to compile 3.3.5.
>
> Is it really still not possible to compile 3.3.5 with
> --enable-ssl-crtd on a RedHat or CentOS platform without having to
> patch the source code? I had hoped that upgrading to 6.4 would solve
> this problem, but that does not seem to be the case.

Yes that is the case. We have now built a lot of workarounds and extra
tests for things into ./configure, but that particular issue is still
unfixed.

> This thread got rather lengthy and convoluted before which made it
> hard for me to see exactly what the solution might be. If there is a
> patch required to resolve this problem, could you please repost it
> again in response to this message?

We do not have one yet.
Maybe a "(const _STACK*)" casting the "data" parameters being complained
about? or maybe one of the STACK_OF macros OpenSSL like to use.

Amos