Re: [squid-users] Does squid support X-Forwarded-User

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 15:39:23 -0600

On 07/02/2013 03:00 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 3/07/2013 1:26 a.m., Alex Rousskov wrote:

>>> No.

>> I have not tested it, but is not X-Forwarded-User supported via
>> request_header_add with an appropriate logformat macro in the value?

> Only for sending. The question was about support for receiving and
> interpreting.

I probably interpreted "in front" the wrong way, sorry. Well, Squid can
certainly receive that header and a Squid helper or adapter can
interpret it, even providing authentication-like capability if needed.

Please note that I am not trying to defend the use of that header for
anything, just indicating that some related functionality is available
even though Squid itself does not treat X-Forwarded-User specially.

Cheers,

Alex.