Re: [squid-users] squid-3.3.5 hangs the entire system

From: Grant <emailgrant_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 00:00:05 -0700

> Are your file descriptors limit correctly configured ? Let squid have 6
> descriptors per client minimum to be cool.
> Is squid limit under user limit ?

I have:

# ulimit -n
1024

And even as latency skyrockets I only have:

# lsof -u squid | wc -l
80

Is it a problem that the client is behind a router which I have no
control over? Does squid need to establish an inbound connection to
the client?

client -> router (not mine) -> internet -> squid (mine) -> internet

- Grant