[squid-users] squid_ldap_auth windows 2008 binddn user privileges?

From: Beto Moreno <pamrtj_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 21:57:04 -0700

Hi.

I setup squid to authenticate with windows 2008R2 AD native using

squid_ldap_auth

My question is regarding of the user we use in the flag binddn, all
the docs I had read just tell:

"minimal privileges"

I create a normal user, but squid_ldap_auth reject the user:

squid_ldap_auth: WARNING, could not bind to binddn 'Invalid credentials'

But once I change the user to a domain admin, it works.

Them windows is asking for a user with a special rights, some could
clear my brain?

 Thanks!!!