Re: Fwd: [squid-users] store-id.pl doesnt cache youtube

From: Alan <lameventanas_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 15:12:39 +0900

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 1:32 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
> On 8/07/2013 6:34 p.m., Alan wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 6:25 AM, Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> try this if you want to try something new.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/elico/squid-helpers/blob/master/squid_helpers/store-id.pl
>>>
>>> Eliezer
>>
>> Hi Eliezer,
>>
>> I read your script, and I have a suggestion.
>> How about you store the matching urls in a separate file or database?
>> That way the script would remain the same even if some website changes
>> their url scheme. When the squid admin wants to update the file/db he
>> can just issue squid -k reconfigure and the script would reload the
>> file/db.
>>
>> I just came up with this simple script, based on yours. I haven't
>> tested it though, since 3.4 head segfaults for me (btw, which revision
>> are you using?).
>>
>> The invocation for my script should be, for example:
>> store_id_program /etc/squid/storeid.pl /etc/squid/storeid.txt
>>
>> By the way, thanks for your contributions in this mailing list, they
>> are very helpful.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Alan
>>
>> PS: Had to resend to the mailing list because it doesn't allow
>> attachments.
>> Here are the attachments:
>>
>> storeid.pl script:
>> http://pastebin.ca/2420563
>>
>> storeid.txt file:
>> http://pastebin.ca/2420565
>

> Nice.
> If you would like to nominate a GPLv2 compatible license to this .pl script
> I would be happy adding it to the Squid package.
> I have only been rejecting the store-URL scripts earlier only because they
> hard-coded the patterns.
>
> Amos

Hi Amos,

Feel free to include it in Squid using the GPLv2 license, that would
be an honor.

But I just noticed it is missing a $|=1 to prevent Perl's output buffering.

And in order to make the DB less Perl-centric, I wrote an alternative
version that you can see here:

http://pastebin.ca/2422099

The other version had Perl code in the DB, which can be quite
powerful, but less language independent. Which one is better? I guess
it depends more or less on what kind of things we will see in the DB.

This new version uses a DB that looks like this:

http://pastebin.ca/2422105

Best regards,

Alan