[squid-users] Squid only caches a few images and TCP_Miss everything else

From: jc.yin <jc.yin.cn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 12:00:19 -0700 (PDT)

Like the title says, I've set up Squid with the default configs for a forward
proxy, yet when I try to access any website the access.log shows only
TCP_Miss for everything, regardless if they are dynamic or static website.
The only thing that does get cashed is a few images occasionally with
TCP_IMS_Hit. I have tried almost every solution I can find on google
regarding TCP_Miss's and still the problem persists.

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 and the latest version of Squid installed via
apt-get. Is anyone please able to help me out here? I've posted on all of
the relevant Stack websites but nobody has answered or has given any
suggestions.

Thanks