[squid-users] squid 3.2 and POST

From: Eugene M. Zheganin <emz_at_norma.perm.ru>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 20:10:25 +0600

Hi.

I use caches in a corporate environment and their most purpose is
authorization and accounting, so I use various AD-authorization schemes.
Recently I switched most of my proxies to squid 3.2.x, and got a
problem. The problem appears on various upload sites across the internet
(you know, like depositfiles and so on - the sites that hols user's
data). When user tries to upload a file, such a site and a user's
browser exchange series of requests and replies, for example
GETGET/OPTIONS/POST, and squid serves each request after he issues a 407
header to a client browser, and a browser, in it's turn, resends the
request with a proxy authentication token. Everything is fine when a
files is relatively small, but when user tries to send large file (I
don't know where the border starts, for example 700 Kbytes is okay, but
17 megabytes is not) squid, for some reason, doesn't send the 407 header
after first POST from a browser which starts the upload of an actual
file (I short words - first "large" POST isn't answered by squid and
isn't served). I captured the whole sequence with tcpdump and examined
it with wireshark.

What can be a problem here ? I tried to switch off the keepalives from
SPNEGO/NTLM schemes I'm using but this didn't help.

Thanks.
Eugene.