Re: [squid-users] Re: Squid Reverse Proxy cannot open ports

From: Antony Stone <Antony.Stone_at_squid.open.source.it>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 10:40:03 +0200

On Wednesday 17 July 2013 at 10:32:25, jc.yin wrote:

> This is what I get
>

> (Not all processes could be identified, non-owned process info
> will not be shown, you would have to be root to see it all.)

That's a little unfortunate (that you didn't run it as root) because it would
be good to know which specific applications are listening, however:

> tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:80 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN

The above means that something (it should be Apache according to the
suggestions previously given) is listening on 127.0.0.1 port 80.

However, nothing is listening on the public IP address, port 80, and this
should be Squid.

To quote a small section from the advice previous given:

> http_port the.public.ip.address:80 accel defaultsite=your.main.website

That should have got Squid listening on port 80 of the interface with your
public IP address on it.

Can you double-check that line in your config file and make sure you specified an
address which really exists on one of your interfaces?

Antony.

--
"A person lives in the UK, but commutes to France daily for work.
He belongs in the UK."