Re: [squid-users] Configuring Squid for windows to fight DDoS attacks

From: Ben Nichols <webmaster_at_squidblacklist.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 19:04:15 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Amos Jeffries" <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
To: <squid-users_at_squid-cache.org>
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 6:47 PM
Subject: Re: [squid-users] Configuring Squid for windows to fight DDoS
attacks

> On 23/07/2013 9:25 a.m., Fernando Gros Gonzalez wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> We have a server (for an online game) an we are receiving Ddos
>> attacks. We don't know anything about Squid, but we would like that
>> someone explains us how to configure the Windows version of squid to
>> fight DDos attacks.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Fernando

If your running a game server and the website for this service is the target
of the attack, a reverse proxy service such as cloudflare may help.
But if your ip is allready known to the attacker, well, all you can do is
wait until they stop attacking, or try to get a new ip.

Also if you can identify the attacker, going to http://ic3.gov and filing a
report may help bring justice to your attacker.

Sucks when it happens.