Re: [squid-users] assertion failed: errorpage.cc

From: Brett Lymn <brett.lymn_at_baesystems.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 16:12:47 +0930

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 06:29:26AM +0000, mdecheser_at_comcast.net wrote:

> My take on all this is that it appears the server may be starved for memory. I have seen other strange behaviors such mysqld, squid, and pptpd daemons dying randomly. I've seen squid daemon restart for reasons unknown (though the above cache.log suggests a cache digest rebuild every 3600 seconds).

You think? From that config you have told squid to reserve half the
memory on the system for cache, on top of which you tell it to create a
16GB cache which takes about 10MB per GB of memory to manage and then on
top of that you run mysql and other stuff.

> Are there any obvious mistakes I've made here? I do plan to run my production proxy with more memory and am not in objection to adding more memory to this environment, but would like to do so with an understanding of the issues before moving forward.

I think you need to read this first:

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidMemory

You definitely want to put more memory in the machine, the more the
better... (up to a point since you are using 32 bit).

--
Brett Lymn
"Warning: