Re: [squid-users] Re: Squid 3.3.6 FATAL: Received Segment Violation...dying.

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 05:39:37 +1200

On 25/07/2013 2:17 a.m., x-man wrote:
> cache.zip
> <http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/file/n4661225/cache.zip>
>

> Hi,
>
> I've attached zipped version of my cache.log file which clearly shows 3
> times FATAL: Received Segment Violation...dying.

It is unclear from this log what is causing the segment violations. They
all occur at random different times in the processing and there is also
an assertion failure in there.

The wiki page Eliezer referenced youto has a script to run a live proxy
under gdb and obtain stack trace information with minimal downtime to
your production server users. If you can run your proxy with that script
please it should produce some more useful information.

Amos