Re: [squid-users] About refresh_pattern

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 12:18:30 +1200

On 26/07/2013 12:04 p.m., Ricardo Rios wrote:
> Hi list, i am trying to cache some application exe files and updates
> using
> refresh_pattern, when i check my regex at some online tool tester, regex
> works great, but when i use it, i dont see anything else then
> TCP_MISS/206
> on my logs

"206 Partial Content" means only a portaion of the object was received
back from the server. Squid cannot cache these incomplete objects, so
refresh_pattern is not relevant.

You want "range_offset -1" to make Squid fetch the full object when the
client requests any sub-portion like this. But be careful, this option
applis to *all* requests and can cause Squid to fetch large amout fo
data from the network which are never sent to any client (erasing the
bandwidth saving benefits of the cache).

Amos