Re: [squid-users] About refresh_pattern

From: Ricardo Rios <shorewall_at_malargue.gov.ar>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 20:03:58 -0300

El 2013-07-25 21:30, Ricardo Rios escribió:

>> On 26/07/2013 12:04 p.m., Ricardo Rios wrote:
>>
>>> Hi list, i am trying to cache some application exe files and
>>> updates
>>> using refresh_pattern, when i check my regex at some online tool
>>> tester, regex works great, but when i use it, i dont see anything
>>> else then TCP_MISS/206 on my logs
>> "206 Partial Content" means only a portaion of the object was
>> received
>> back from the server. Squid cannot cache these incomplete objects,
>> so
>> refresh_pattern is not relevant. You want "range_offset -1" to make
>> Squid fetch the full object when the client requests any sub-portion
>> like this. But be careful, this option applis to *all* requests and
>> can
>> cause Squid to fetch large amout fo data from the network which are
>> never sent to any client (erasing the bandwidth saving benefits of
>> the
>> cache). Amos
>
> Ho i see, all the request have diff size, i dont noted that, thanks
> Amos.

I have 2 more questions about this, if all those updates i want to
cache, are between 10 and 25 MB, i set range_offset_limit 26 MB and
squid is going to download the files and give cache HITS ? even if the
client only want a portion of the file ?

Second question, can i set range_offset_limit before the
refresh_pattern for those updates, then at the end of those
refresh_pattern i set range_offset_limit 0 for the rest ?

Thanks for the answers