Re: [squid-users] Uneven load distribution between SMP Workers

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 17:01:55 +0300

On 07/30/2013 03:44 PM, Tim Murray wrote:
> I'm a little concerned that the more people I migrate to this solution
> the more the first 1 or 2 workers will become saturated. Do the
> workers happen to have some form of source or destination persistance
> for (SSL?) connections or something that might be causing this to
> occur?
>
> And is there anything I can do to improve the distribution between
> workers? Or have I missed something along the line?
>

> Cheers
Hey,

it's the OS that does the random load on the process using the source
and destination routing path.
it should be checked and tested to make sure that IPTABLES does a fair
LB if you use different process VS SMP.
When using simple PROCESS and IPTABLES is load balancing the ports it
shows you the load from specific IP address:port to specific address:ip.
If the process works and only the load on one specific rises is it
effecting performance?

Eliezer