Re: [squid-users] 3.4.0.1 dnsreq statistics question

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 04:25:09 +1200

Aha. Digging around in the code I found another way that the queries and
replies counters may be getting separated.
  => all queries are recorded at the point they are sent.
  => replies are recorded only if the nameserver they are received from
is a "known" NS.

So if you have ignore_unknown_nameservers set to ON, the difference
would be the replies dropped from unknown servers.

NP: I am still suspicious that this may be related to mDNS, since I
think the mDNS responses come back form the LAN machines as unicast
replies and would hit that known/unknown security check.

Amos