Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.4 refresh_pattern bungled config

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 15:40:26 +1200

On 2013-08-01 09:54, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> Thanks for highlighting this. I have the same problem on FreeBSD 9.1
> with same version of Squid, compiled from source. A config file that
> works with 3.3.8 does not work with 3.4.0.1 because of the refresh
> patterns. Unfortunately, it seems my post about that did not get the
> attention of Amos, Eliezer,etc.

Hi, it did get my attention. Sorry for not replying immediately, I was
hoping it would be a 24hr turnaround on getting the patch out to you.

3.HEAD now has fixes for some of the simple issues that have appeared
like the percentage value handling. The regex issue and some other edge
cases that have shown up are currently having patches debated in
squid-dev. Since the problem is in our backward-compatibility code
rather than the new config syntax the right solution has been a little
more complex to find than we would have liked.

The approach has been agreed I think, so I am hopeful that we are close
to a final patch. 3.4.0.2 should be available in some days.

Amos