Re: [squid-users] Transparent Proxy

From: Antony Stone <Antony.Stone_at_squid.open.source.it>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 21:26:34 +0200

On Wednesday 07 August 2013 at 21:02:53, Roman Gelfand wrote:

> Is there a way I could control access to various sites based on user
> irregardless of workstation they are on? All in transparent proxy.

If it's transparent, you can't get authentication credentials (username /
password).

Since you want to base access on user, not workstation (IP address) then no,
squid has no information on which to base different access to different sites.

Antony.

--
There are two possible outcomes:
 If the result confirms the hypothesis, then you've made a measurement.