[squid-users] Re: icp_query_timeout directive is not working in 3.3.8 for some reason

From: x-man <x-man_at_vivateam.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 03:10:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Amos,

we were actually thinking of trying something else, which is

Configure each squid worker to interact with different cache peer on, which
is listening on different port.

We will start multiple instances of our cache peer software listening on
different ports as well.

This way every squid kid will talk to particular cache peer and I hope this
way there will be no problem with the return traffic from cacher peer to
squid kid.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Also what is the best way in squid config to put some specific setting for
particular kid? I saw some examples with IF clauses, is this working in
3.3.8?

Thanks in advance.