[squid-users] General Question in DNS with squid

From: Ahmad <ahmed.zaeem_at_netstream.ps>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 03:39:02 -0700 (PDT)

hi ,

this is a general networking question about DNS ,

my question is as shown :

now assume im a pc have ip , gateway , DNS configured on my lan card ,

now assume i requested Google.com ,
as i learned in networking ==> Google.com is send to my dns server so
that DNS server resolve it to ip
after it is resolved i will go to dst ip of google with dst port 80 , assume
it is "80" http :)

assume there was transparent squid between google.com and internet , it mean
i will go to that squid cache and be served .

but my question again , why squid can resolve DNS queries ??????

as i understand it is not a squid work to resolve names to ips , it is
work of DNS servers ,

so why in squid we have dns configs ??

is it mandatory to put DNS in some occasions ??? wish to know them if there
were

note i use WCCP with Tptoxy .

regards

-----