Re: [squid-users] Auth basic

From: Michael Graham <mgraham_at_bloxx.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 10:24:26 -0400

On Tue, 2013-08-13 at 11:12 -0300, Oliveiros Peixoto (Netinho) wrote:
> I need get ip address of user in my own auth basic script. Exist some
> method to pass that can i get the ip?
> My auth basic getting the username and password and check in mysql
> table, if ok, he will write in other table the username and ip address
> of user. How can work with this?

You probably want to have a read of

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/AddonHelpers

and

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/external_acl_type/

You basically want to add the following to the squid.conf

external_acl_type <name> %LOGIN %SRC <your script>

Your script will then receive the source ip and username on standard in.
You can then reply ERR or OK on standard out.

Cheers,

--
Michael Graham <mgraham_at_bloxx.com>