[squid-users] Re: https traffic using squid and icap

From: Michael <arno_nuehm_22_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 11:45:34 +0000 (UTC)

sjaipuri <sjaipuri <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks Alex..
>
> However, I was not able see clear text payload of http/https traffic. All
> the body message has been encoded in ICAP response messages. Is there a way
> to access those in clear text ?
>
> Thanks
> Sagar
>
> --

Dear Sagar and all,

very interesting thread. I have the very same target -- and same problems.

Did you find a solution in the meanwhile?
I took a look at ecap, icap and access_log so far. But I cannot come
up with a configuration that fits my needs.
I would like to store each and every http request/post and
response (i.e. all the available traffic) in a single file if possible.

FYI: I managed to configure a transparent/intercepting proxy
that supports ssl bumping based on dynamic ssl certificate
generation. Squid version 3.3.8 is used.

Thanks & Regards
Michael