[squid-users] handling Proxy-Authorization field

From: Attila Gömbös <attila.gombos_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 12:20:09 +0200

Hi guys!

I have the following setup:

LAN -> UTM firewall with transparent proxy -> Squid -> WAN

The UTM is taking care of user authentication (SSO). I need to pass
the user ID to Squid. We need to have AD-group based rules on Squid as
well.

But the UTM is able to add only this field to the HTTP request:

Proxy-Authorization: Basic YmlnYm9zczptYW5hZ2VtZW50

So there is only username and group membership in the header.

How can i make the squid to trust and handle this properly?

Thanks,

Attila